torsdag 22 mars 2012

Inspired or just temporarily insane?

Inspired by Joshua Millburn’s post on the minimalists, I’ve decided to give myself a new project, or rather, I’ve finally gathered the courage to tackle a problem I’ve been postponing for some time. (Thank you Joshua for the inspiration to do so!)

In June last year, when I bought the old house I’ve renovated, I decided the house would embrace minimalism. We happily didn’t plan for a kitchen table or dining area, discarded the idea of a living room table in front of the sofa, planned to only keep a bed and a closet in the bedroom, and all those thing has worked out great. During the spring I had cluttered my kitchen and my living room, gotten rid of tons of paperwork and photos, old DVDs, CDs and even a large part of my books. We allowed for 3 bookshelves in the new house. Those would have to contain my books, the remaining paperwork, memorabilia and all our electronic gadgets. It looked like this (picture below) until a few weeks ago.

What happened then? I received my order from the book sale, and what do you know...
There’s not enough space for the new entries.



(Color-coordinated? Seriously? Sure, why not!? Tried by genre, but that just messed the bookshelves up into a kaleidoscope of colors and sizes)


So the new project is this: Clear those shelves up.
Pms should make that a walk in the park. Expect a post with the after picture shortly.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar