söndag 13 januari 2013

Membranous glomerulonephritis. Round 2.


In December 2010, I went to the doctor's, having legs swollen to the size of three trunks. It took 6 months before I got my diagnosis: Membranous glomerulonephritis. Treatment with high doses of cortisone started immediately.

Now I'm undergoing Round 2, because after only 4 months off meds, the Membranous glomerulonephritis is back. This time the coctail is cortisone and cytotoxins.

So, that's what these posts will be all about. Battling the Membranous glomerulonephritis. Round 2.
A kidney disease I'm told is kind of rare, and for which in my case, they do not know the cause of. Apparently it's not that common, at least not here in Finland. 

I'm planning on posting photos and weekly comments on the side effects I'm experiencing. 
Please realize that everyone responds differently to their medication, and that this is merely my experience, NOT a foretelling of your journey should you receive the same diagnosis and treatment. Drug intensity, duration, and personal reactions varies. Still, my hope is that by telling you my story, I might offer some insight on what's to come and provide helpful hints.

Sincerely,
Pepsi-Mama

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar