tisdag 15 januari 2013

Membranous glomerulonephritis. Round 2. Week 3.

End of week 2 on meds. Good thing I'm not a contender for The Next Top Model, cause I'd so win that show ;) Just look at the splendor of that chin and the energetic twinkle in my eyes... 

Week 3:
Medication: 150mg cytotoxins (Cyclosporin), 64mg cortisone and other assorted goodies.

As I posted earlier, skin sensitivity is now a factor. Any seam feels like barbwire, clothes have the texture of sandpaper, and orgasms are quickly becoming a thing of the past. It's time to make moisturizing a new habit. If you won't you'll make permanent new best friends with stretchmarks. If you haven't had a facial, now it's too late. The skin on my face might look rosy and healthy, but in reality, the swelling is camouflaging some serious clogging of the pores. The tweezers are in constant use, because now, excessive hair growth is one of my companions. I don't mind looking like a freak if I have to, but I do not intend to find out what the offspring of The Bearded Lady and Quasimodo would look like. The hair on my head has also changed texture; it is now as smooth as a baby's bottom, and totally unmanageable. Hairspray accomplishes nothing. I look like a hobo in my sweats and unkempt hair, but at least I’m semi comfortable and without a mustache.
The ever present swelling has started to affect my throat, and from now on it will only get harder and harder to breathe. I expect to be sleeping sitting upright within a few more weeks.
My mind is being a bitch. It closes down during the day and goes into overdrive at night. Insomnia is a new acquaintance, and so is chattiness. Talk, talk, talk... I'm hardly ever quiet around people. Given the chance I'll talk until hoarse. Once, in band camp... No, really during Round One, I spent half an hour talking to a stranger in the grocery store. What about? Well, he was trying to get to the sugar, upon which I was leaning, so naturally we had to contemplate whether something as sweet as me would actually fit in to his cart.
You can either feel dumb and embarrassed about things like that, or just go with the flow. Me, I go with the flow.

Tip: Moisturize and shave. Place a notebook and a pen by your bedside table. If you don't purge you'll never sleep. Clear a space for yourself somewhere in the house where you can do all the projects you have thought of, but do not give in to whims with longtime consequences. Painting the entire house purple might seem like THE BEST IDEA EVER right now. But trust me, that impression won't last. Tomorrow it'll be lime green with pink polka dots instead. Take the advice and hints your friends and family will undoubtedly give you and calm down, even if it's hard with all the accumulated manic energy. Do the smaller projects instead, reality is you won't have the energy to tackle the bigger projects anyway. You're just mindfucked, that's all.
My doctor told me to stay away from people who are sick, and especially sick kids, due to the cytotoxins that finishes off whatever immune system the cortisone has left you with. I'd like to add: Stay away from persons that are in plentiful contact with furred animals. They carry mites, which can give you eye infections. Also, because of the vanishing immune system, make sure you load up on antiseptics and that you treat every scratch and cut, no matter how small. Trust me, I have scars from Round One to back me up on this one. Preventative antibiotics is a part of my cocktail this Round, but I’m still not taking any chances.

A paper cut turned into a infection the size of a tennis ball during Round One. It had to be cut open and drained for months. Hurt like a son of a b*tch, and left me with these "vampire bite marks". I'd rather give birth without painkillers (again) than go through pressing the puss out of something like that once more.

Sincerely,
Pepsi-Mama

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar